Author Topic: Morphling items  (Read 410 times)

J4mal

• What, mortal?
  • Welcome to Clan 4Ten Community!!
    • View Profile
Morphling items
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »
Hi guys, one of the most ass kicking heros in late game in my opinion is morphling.

I would like to see what your "favourit" items to morph is :D

Mine is;

Treads (agi) Ethreal blade, satanic, HoT, Butterfly and MBK.

If I got the farm of getting these items, then I would get it. y'all think its good or bad?

tell me your items with him, and your opinion ;)

PS: I dont get BKB cause hopefully theres a suppor in game  ;D rather go with dmg and pwnage

//J4mal

Doofkatze

• Empty Bottle-ganker
    • View Profile
Re: Morphling items
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
i suggest a startup with treads, wraithbands, skadi/lifesteal + buriza. its a bit slowplayed, still its a nice passive carry gameplay. even later there would be place for a butterfly and finishing satanic.

NoUseForAName

• Stacker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
With your items, jamal, you surely crush most heros, but this needs a lot minutes of farming and it’s not the optimal build. You can play him as hardcarry or ganker and from early to mid game waveform is a very strong spell.

If you saw some of the TI2 (The International 2) games, in which morph was picked nearly every game, they farmed only 20 mins max. with him and tried to end with a Linkens Sphere or Shotgun (Ethereal Blade) rush.

Since this is pub and not TI2 there are many ways to play him.

The first build i call the “mobile fountain” which works best alongside another dmg dealer in your team. Start with Ring of Aquila (ROA), Boots and Magic Stick and farm your Linkens. After the Linkens is done upgrade your Boots to Boots of Travel (BT) and use your almost endless mana
to teleport from lane to lane. This allows you to farm a fast Heart of Tarrasque (HoT) giving you str to dex, dmg and good ganking/tanking abilitiy. Afterwards you only need Manta Style since because of your HP pool your illus become tanky, too. Besides, it gives you movement speed, push power and can confuse the enemy. End the game with your second carry or split push and keep the enemy team busy until your mates get fed as well.

Build nr. 2 is based on pure and fast dmg output when you are the only carry in your team. Start again with RoA, Boots and Stick followed by a Shotgun rush. Afterwards you need a BKB and BTs. Morph’s movement speed is so slow that he always needs BT for speed and optimal farmin capabilities with Manta Style/Yasha. Your speed is quite dangerous and most others can not flee from you. The next item depends on the item build of the enemy carryplayer. If he has an evasion hero or has evasion items, sell your stick and get Monkey King Bar (MKB). If you only face Bara or Night Stalker, get butterfly. If you still need another item, build divine (just joking), save and go Buriza.

Nr.3 would be the chaser build which is very powerful early/mid game but rarely seen. The items are cheap to get and parts of them are good and come quick. Start again with RoA, Stick and Boots, then go Diffusal Blade as your first core item and abuse it. Follow up is Manta Style and this new item, Heaven’s Halberd. Hint: use your Ultimate only on your mate when you want to go 1on1 with someone. Send the illu in a safe place and morph str to dex a lot. Now you Waveform in while he farms,  use your manta and active from Heavens Halberd and see how 3 Morphs rape him in no time, while you still fight him in last seconds you can either morph some str back to dex or go out of the battle with your ulti, if you think he is too tanky and you don’t get the kill. Usually he’s not, especially not the enemy carry. Dont forget the BT’s!!

Skadi on Morph is not needed anymore. It costs too much and gives you only slow/stats when the other items provide the same effect but are better in general. The same is true for lifesteal. Morph does not really need it, becaue he has kind off 3 escape skills: Morph, Waveform and Ultimate. He is a chase/finisher anyway so don’t try to change his role :P

J4mal

• What, mortal?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »
Thank you so much :D Ill try that in early game to get ROA asap, then treads to get some farm to later build hardcore items :D
// J4mal